Title: Big Data Architect
Sector: Financial Services
Salary: £90k – £100k
A Big Data Architect is required to work a large global technology consultancy services company. Offering an exciting opportunity to be part of a cutting edge Big Data team, this role presents excellent career progression and a truly innovative work environment
This role requires a significantly experienced and confident candidate with relevant full lifecycle architecture, technology and consulting capabilities. The candidate must be able to
- Operate as a senior Hands-On Technology Architect (Developer) and be able to address all aspects of such activities.
- Have demonstrable project experience in Scala, SPARK and Hadoop technologies
- Be hands – on in IBM / Microsoft / Oracle or Open Source Technologies used in BFS clients and be able to proactively learn new technologies
- Be hands – on in use of TOGAF and UML using standard tools
- Communicate clearly and effectively with people from technical, business and senior managerial backgrounds including the ability to translate information technology concepts into business language.
- Demonstrate people leadership and thought-leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in listening and understanding business objectives and translating this knowledge into architecture- and security-based solutions comprising measures to mitigate identified related risks and requirements.
- Work alongside Client Architects in the definition and delivery of projects.
- Visualize, plan and execute any areas of process improvement that increase the efficiency and delivery of a client’s enterprise technology domain capabilities.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of enterprise systems design and operation in multi-national multi-platform environments.
- Develop / maintain relevant, (sometimes) tailored and implementable Policies, Baselines, Standards, Guidelines and Procedures.
- Perform Architecture Risk Assessments, Produce Architecture and Technology Roadmaps & Oversee Follow-on Evaluations and Tests and Draw-up Architectural Mitigation Plans
- Be able to define most of the following based on experience and knowledge of methodologies