Title: Business Analyst
Sector: Financial Services
The Global Product Strategy group is responsible for managing the strategic roadmap of investment in our globally applicable suite of electronic trading products & solutions. They are also fundamental in ensuring the effectiveness of the development process. As part of the Global product strategy group a small team in London takes a broad range of responsibility.
- Requirements capturing, documentation and prioritisation. Followed by close cooperation with the project management and development personnel who will see the project or product enhancement through to completion
- Expert knowledge of the products they manage and the ways in-which they can server our client’s needs
- Providing input to the strategic direction of both the firm and it’s products through market structure and commercial awareness
Candidates should be adept at working in detail and have strong analytical and problem solving credentials. Outstanding communicative skills are also necessary in order to ensure the ultimate delivery of product enhancements are satisfactory in meeting their original requirements. Day to day responsibilities will typically involve:
- Requirement capture and documentation, often working with front office traders and their clients, or through the organisation of stakeholder workshops. Projects may also require the digestion of regulatory texts to assist the firm in understanding how it will need to adapt it’s offering to remain both compliant and competitive.
- Assisting front office and support teams with technical questions, becoming an expert in the products we offer and the market environment in which we operate. This will frequently mean thinking holistically to find ways to solve problems within the existing product suite, or at the minimum expense if development is needed.
- Communication with product teams in the US and Asia to ensure that product developments are globally appropriate and consistent
- Review of requirements with development teams to ensure they are well understood and re-circulating any queries that may arise
- Working with QA to help develop test plans and assist with some aspects of UAT
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in a structured business analyst role, product management or front office role
- Must have a detail-oriented disposition and clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in capturing requirements for front office functions
- Knowledge of electronic trading and market structure, within equities, FX and derivatives markets in particular
- Experience working with execution trading systems, ideally an execution management system capable of portfolio trading