Title: Data Scientist
Sector: Financial Services
Our client is a fin-tech driven global provider of consumer credit services; a relatively young business experiencing considerable growth across the countries in which they currently operate…this is a truly exciting company.
Data Scientists will have a deep understanding of data science techniques and skills with a specific set of tools or languages. Possess an inquisitive mind and an eye for detail to provide insights into what’s happening and propose innovative solutions. Has full ownership of own work and the freedom to execute it, ensuring it helps the company grow quickly whilst providing a valuable service to our customers.
- Make sense of and transform masses of data into a format that is fit for analysis. Able to link and mash-up distinctive data sets to explore new insights.
- Working closely with Product Managers, BAs and UX teams to analyse technical and Product opportunities, offer insightful recommendations and help define tasks.
- Get as deeply involved with analytic projects as possibly. Be involved in developing leading-edge, “out of the box” advanced solutions and processes.
- Assess and report the progress of output to determine that evolution as predicted.
- Embed all teams, evidencing the impact of work. We use Impact Mapping and will drive prioritization by working with Product Owners.
- Data Management and Database Development using SQL and preferably Hadoop
- Experience using one of the following tools for programming and analysis: R, Python, KNIME, SQL
- Proven experience in developing algorithms
- Ability to sort, cleanse and segment millions of rows of data
- Proven ability to communicate data-driven insights to senior stakeholders
- Experience in Bayesian statistics, monte-carlo method and/or genetic algorithms
- 5+ years of data mining and analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of data mining algorithms (decision trees, clustering, etc…)
- Demonstrated experience using data mining to solve business problems
- Data Modeling and Data Warehouse experience
- SQL, NoSQL, or NewSQL experience
- Solr, Hadoop, Cassandra, Shark / Spark experience
- Experience helping designing and implement new data aggregation platforms
- Master’s or PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related field