Title: Project Manager
Sector: Financial Services
The Global Product Strategy group is responsible for managing the strategic roadmap of investment in our globally applicable suite of electronic trading products & solutions. They are also fundamental in ensuring the effectiveness of the development process. As part of the Global product strategy group a small team in London takes a broad range of responsibility.
- Work closely with the team, clients, front office, Technology, TSS, TOPS and senior management team to capture the requirements for new projects of varying size, scope and nature.
- Project manage the implementation of new client business and new client facing systems deployments.
- Develop a detailed understanding of company products as directed by management.
- Promote product usage and provide support for front office sales for relevant products according to experience.
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of all internal trading and market data systems and be able to discuss competently with client base.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with new and existing customers, by regularly meeting, phoning clients related to assigned projects. If and where appropriate, attend client entertainment events in conjunction with members of the front office. Represent the company professionally at all times, developing effective internal and external relationships.
- Be aware of market conditions and competitor activity, passing this knowledge on to appropriate colleagues. Be knowledgeable of changing market structure and environment.
- Taking client orders: Do not take client orders. Pass all enquiries in relation to orders to your manager or relevant member of the execution desk.
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact with all levels of staff.
- Experienced in IT development and implementation processes.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills including the use of common project management methodologies and project management tracking and planning software.
- Prince 2 or equivalent project management qualifications beneficial, but not essential.
- Practical knowledge of current industry trading and information tools.
- Good knowledge and understanding of European equity market structure